Update via Help/About Firefox keep saying version "14.0.1 is up-to-date"
I can't update my current Firefox. I go to Help/About Firefox... and ik keeps version 14.0.1 "up-to-date". When i do this to my brother's pc, there is immediately ask to install Firefox 15. But when i go to Help/About Firefox... Firefox keep saying "version 14.0.1 up to date". It is'nt up-to-date because there is already version 15.
So why Firefox says "version 14.0.1" and "up-to-date". By other computers who use Firefox and i go to Help/About Firefox there is immediately a pop up that says that there is a new version, but my pc isn't. What's the reason?
I can install Firefox 15 manually, but why my firefox don't update when i go to Help/About Firefox . So i have to wait?
Modified by jantje
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
It is possible the update got corrupted on your PC. I would suggest simply downloading Firefox 15 from www.getfirefox.com and installing it manually for now.
I've had the same problem for several updates - it can't be that it get's corrupted every time and it is a bit annoying having to uninstall and install instead of automatic update. I have recently received messages that something is trying to trick Firefox to install (I can't remember exact wording). Could it be that Firefox update is conflicting with my firewall / virus scan?
Just as a note, you don't have to uninstall Firefox before installing a new version.
It is entirely possible that it's your Firewall/anti-virus interfering, what products do you have?
Then one of the other help pages needs an update. ;-) I followed the instruction there. I'm using ESET Smart Security 5.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
it has something to do with extensions (add ons) disable one bye one and find the one who is responisible for the "not updating" , for example disable the extension or add on "https everywhere"