When starting Firefox, I get a message that website is not encrypted????
Message warns that website is not encrypted and not safe. Why would this happen and what is the danger?
I finally figured it out. The not encrypted message pertained to the site I was going to and was not referring to Firefox. I was a little slow figuring this out but problem is solved now.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.6.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1996
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Loki Plugin v.3.1.0.05
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
I have tried reloading firefox AND ALL THE ADD ONS and still get the message.
Can you reply with the URL(s) of your home page(s)? You can copy from here:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > General
Is that message in a pop-up?
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
I finally figured it out. The not encrypted message pertained to the site I was going to and was not referring to Firefox. I was a little slow figuring this out but problem is solved now.