Why is the Facebook "See More" link not working on newsfeed or my wall? It is supposed to expand text in post or comments.... but it is unclickable.
The "See More" link not working on my newsfeed or my wall. It is supposed to expand text in statuses, posts or comments that have been shortened so you can see the rest of the information.... but it is unclickable. Will not work also in Google Chrome but works fine in IE(64-bit). Link also works fine in Facebook app for HTC Inc2.
Modified by Radway
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.0 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1246
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Updated Java- 32 and 64 bit
Checked other browsers
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Tylerdowner above SHOULD NOT ADVISE RESET when he is not sure if this action would fix the problem. Unacceptable ! I personally found a solution. The problem occurs in firefox 17.01 It also caused a problem in the appearance of the facebook notifications. They do not scroll. Comparing the adds on to both my computers I assumed that that the "dislike" extension might be the guilty one. It was true. Dissabling it , fixed all the problems. No need to reset.