Firefox 14 in Win 7 slow after wake-up from sleep mode.
Firefox 14 is slow after waking up from sleeping. Symptoms: responses to scrolling, pointing & clicking (including close 'X') and tab switching delayed. scrolling not responsive, instead 'jumps' in large chunks. Resolution: close and re-launch Firefox.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Perhaps FF 14?
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- HP Active Check Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DYMO Label Framework Plugin
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Task Manager shows Firefox.exe *32 process running at between 40%-50% and the application (shown by the cuurent tab) swiches between 'not responding' and running. Even closing with Task Manager is slow to respond - appears to take 2 to 3 attempts.
When I relaunch FF it opens with a single blank tab, not the home pages defined in Options/General. (Closing this results in the FEBE add-on running, as per scheduled) Closing this and re-launching results in the correct Tabs being displayed and performance being normal. (Task Manager shows firefox.exe *32 as running between 40%-50% for a few seconds and then it drops to 0%).
Thanks for this problem. I need more info.