Mozilla Add-on accountlogin failure ('Oops! We had an error. We'll get to fixing that soon.')
I was searching for a solution all over mozilla support and also forums, but couldn't find any. Not even with Google.
I'm using Windows 7 Professional, with a simple Firefox. /not the recent version because a good part of the addons I use does not exist on the level of the recent editions, however fantastic would it be to have them.../
The problem occurs when I try to add an add-on to My Collections. This operation requires a login, but after using my UN and PW it has always been giving me this error message:
"Oops! We had an error. We'll get to fixing that soon. You can try refreshing the page, or head back to the Add-ons homepage. "
The problem never gets fixed - I have been trying to log in since months, but never successfully. The same Oops happens all the time and reloading the page does not solve the problem.
I have tried to create a new account with my email address, just to see I have an account at all. It says that it is in use = it is confirmed, I have an user account :)
Just recently I had my pw reset too, not helping either, I can't access add ons account, same error I get.
Interestingly I'm able to log-in Personas (same username and pw I have there). I thought I might be logged in the add-ons management gui too, if I'm logged in Personas, but that is not the case, the two seems to be working separately.
Could you please help? thank you, Br, aszerencs
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.1"
- Winamp Application Detector
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1994
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Classic Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Netscape and Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
Are you really using Firefox 3.5.3 as shown in the user agent in your system details list?
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
You can check for problems caused by a possibly corrupted user agent.