Firefox 13 only displays a white box instead of an image on certain websites
Firefox 13 is only displaying a white box where the picture should be. This is happening on different websites, but I will include a link to the latest one for me. Internet Explorer displays the image just fine: http://www.bostonproper.com/product/Asymmetrical-hem-maxi-dress/836602/sc/169/c/169/pc/44.uts You should see a large image of a woman in a red dress on the page, not a white box. I have tried clearing the cookies and cache, I have the settings to allow images from this website and nothing is working. The trouble seems to have started when I updated to Firefox 13.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_33 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.16
- Version 126.96.36.19940
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Picasa plugin
- Google Update
- Logitech Device Detection
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Intel Indeo® video 5.1 PD Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
There are some compatibility issues between the latest Flash player and some Firefox add-ons or settings. Could you see whether anything in this article helps: Flash 11.3 doesn't load video in Firefox.
I completed the steps in the article and disabled the Real Player plug in. That did the trick and Firefox 13 is now displaying the images correctly. I am wondering if these issues will be fixed in the future because I do use Real Player quite a bit. Thank you so much for the help!