How do I delete a web address from the drop-down list of the address bar? The old advice is not working. HELP!
The OLD advice for this problem, listed below, is NOT working. The web addresses just DON'T come off:
1) Click the arrow that's located on the far right side of the Firefox address bar. A list of URLs will drop down.
2) Place your cursor over the URL you wish to manually delete.
3) Hold down the "Shift" key on your keyboard. Then, press the "Delete" key. The highlighted URL will be deleted. Or I've been advised to hold down the "Control" key. Neither works.
There must some new, updated instructions on how to delete unwanted web addresses from the drop-down list. Anybody???
Hi, If your problem is deleting the website history. Than click on firefox menu and go to History->All History-> click on history on left side of the window. Now you can delete unwanted websites from list. If you would like to delete bookmarks fallow the instructions Delete BookmarksRead this answer in context 3
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.3.1 for Mozilla browsers
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Hi, If your problem is deleting the website history. Than click on firefox menu and go to History->All History-> click on history on left side of the window. Now you can delete unwanted websites from list. If you would like to delete bookmarks fallow the instructions Delete Bookmarks
OMG! Finally -- a new solution that actually works!
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
I am using 16.02 version. What i did is point my mouse on anything on the list in drop down, and press delete. I didnt have to press shift.