Help! My homepage was hijacked by https://accesd.desjardins.com. Can anyone help me??
My homepage has been hijacked by accesd.desjardins.com, It started happening Wednesday evening so I cleared cookies and history etc, ran my AV program and reset my home page. It took quite awhile to get my AV going b/c I was getting error msgs for the longest time but it did get rid of 2 viruses when it finally worked and everything was fine until last night.
I should note that I also tried starting Firefox in safe mode but it didn't do anything at all. My AV is at 81% right now and shows no signs of a virus yet.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Wednesday May 2 2012
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
go to Firefox user folder
modify the file user.js
remove this line
and save it and restart your Firefox.
Modified by alvin8500
Hi Alvin, Maybe its just my extreme lack of sleep but I cant find the location of the folder... Can you point me in the right direction? I know what to do from there... Thanks!!!!
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder
Thanks guys I found the file and it worked! I spent over an hour on the phone the other day trying to fix this and was starting to feel kinda hopeless :)
I did that, but it just comes back, in a few minutes,https://support.mozilla.org/media/uploads/images/2012-10-13-15-58-35-bc10f0.gif