Videos, no matter type of player, Flash or otherwise, do not display in Version 12
No matter what the source, or the type of player a video plays in, since I installed FireFox v12.0, no videos show. The screen goes black, that's it. RealPlayer doesn't work, etc. Help please!
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
Installed Version 12.0
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.114
- WinZip Courier Plugin for Mozilla Firefox
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Tested on IE and all videos, no matter the source or type of player, they all show fine in IE.
See Fix common audio and video issues for possible causes and solutions (conflicting plugins, interfering extensions or ad-blocking software, etc.)
You have the Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300 beta version.
Try to uninstall that version and install the regular Firefox 11.2 version.
Thanks for your help. Seems that I had two problems. One: I didn't have Java installed. Two: I had the latest Flash Player plugin installed (v11.3 Beta). When I removed that and installed v11.2 (the stable version), this completed the solution. Now my videos are working and so is Real Downloader. I really appreciate your advice. Thanks. Larry.