Upgraded to Firefox 12 and ping increased
Locking duplicate thread.
Please continue here: [/questions/926258]
I just upgraded from Firefox 3 to Firefox 12 and immediately got 5 to 10 higher ping tests. When I reinstalled Firefox 3 it went back down immediately. Is there a reason? Did I do something wrong? Is there a setting I should switch? As a gamer I'm concerned about ping increasing for no apparent reason.
Modified by cor-el
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I upgraded from Firefox 3 to 12
- SOE Web Installer
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Nexon Game Controller
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16
I responded here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/926258 (duplicate post)