why can't watch videos any place but you tube?
i can watch videos only on you tube. this problem started about three weeks ago. i had up graded my browser but had no problem watching them on social web sites.. ie as tagged who told me i was the only one who uses mozilla fire fox.. when i try to watch them on social sites.. all i get is a blank white page no video no music.. nothing works fine with my other browsers if its my newest browser from fire fox and u cant fix the add ons and plug ins i will go back to an older browser.Stan
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
about three weeks ago
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Picasa plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1994
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- npViewpoint Plugin
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
I thought it was a problem with the social sites that i use, but they have no reports with other users of fire fox.
I'd try going to the plugin checker to see if everything is up to date:
You might also want to take a look at the Fix common audio and video issues Knowledge Base article. There is lots of good troubleshooting information in there.
Hopefully this helps!
Ok all plug ins were checked and updated but nothing helped. when i try to view videos at social sites like tagged face book etc. i get blank white page where the videos are supposed to be Stan
Modified by starsh1
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
ok i already tried that.. now i have no choice but to go back an older browser.. i have tried all suggestions in help, i need some thing new please!!! Stan
Try this...Go into "Firefox" (top left of browser), click on "Add-ons", click on "Extensions". If "RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin" extension exists "Disable" it. Hope this helps
ok new suggestion did not work I guess no one can help so i went back to my old browser fire fox 3.6.28 where the problems did not exist... thank you for trying.
I went to extensions and found Realdownloader, so disabled that and YES it worked, what were blank spaces become playable videos!! Thanks
my problem was fixed with the newest browser thanks for all the help and suggestions offered thanks again.
Modified by starsh1