PLEASE HELP. I have Windows 7 on my laptop and I am using firefox 11. Firefox has been doing good since I downloaded it but not as of today.
Firefox is running very slow and keep's saying not responding for 3 seconds and then does it again repeatedly. Please even when I type words and letters from firefox it types very slow and what I am typing has to catch up with the last thing I typed. It has been doing good ever since I downloaded it but now it sucks bad, not very happy with firefox now. I have windows 7 on my laptop and I have firefox 11....PLEASE HELP Thank you
Modified by Noah_SUMO
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
a week ago
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Google Update
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.1995
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Office Live Update v1.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Try clearing you Java cache, and History.
If you're not sure how to do that go here. --> I'm a Link.
If you still have problems, and are running a 64 bit processor you may want to install Waterfox instead of Firefox. While you install Waterfox, you should update you plugins.
Logo by Miloš Mirković
Modified by Michael Hernandez
Another standard diagnostic step is to try Firefox's Safe Mode to see whether it is caused by a custom setting or add-on.
First, I recommend backing up your Firefox settings in case something goes wrong. See Backing up your information. (You can copy your entire Firefox profile folder somewhere outside of the Mozilla folder.)
Next, restart Firefox in Safe Mode using
Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
In the Safe Mode dialog, do not check any boxes, just click "Continue in Safe Mode."
Does Firefox behave any better?
Modified by jscher2000