firefox added a "search bar" as a tab. I don't want it. How do I get rid of it?
This was solved a long time ago. I previously flagged it as solved. I continue to get suggestions.. I don't need them. I've tried "unsubscribe" too, but I still get answers. NO FURTHER ANSWERS ARE NEEDED. Thank you. recently Firefox installed a search bar in line with my tabs. I don't want it and can't find how to get rid of it.
Modified by jnoecker
I tried all the manual removals only to be left with Funmoods showing up as intermittent search engine. Firefox version 15 Go to Help: Troubleshooting Information; Reset FirefoxRead this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
I've done EVERYTHING that was up there and no luck, maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions correctly.
Did you try safe mode for Firefox like jscher2000 suggested? If you follow his instructions exactly (read them several times) it should remove it; it was the only thing I could find that would completely remove it. Good luck
I tried all the manual removals only to be left with Funmoods showing up as intermittent search engine. Firefox version 15 Go to Help: Troubleshooting Information; Reset Firefox
Hi jnoecker, sorry for the inconvenience. The "Stop email updates" link to the right of your original post should prevent notifications of new replies. If that is not working, we should have the board developers figure out why not.