tabs increased in size vertically
I don't know what's going no. For no reason at all, out of the blue Firefox will have tabs about double the size, vertically (height) after a simple restart. No config changes or new add-ons.
Even tried safe mode with add-ons disabled and toolbar reset to default, same problem. Was fine before the restart. All I did was run CCleaner.
Running FF10 on Windows 8 CP 64 bit.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Thanks, but did you actually read my post? I already started in safe mode and disabled all add-ons and toolbar to defaults. I use default theme anyway too.
Are only the tabs affected or other parts of the Firefox user interface or the web pages as well?
Only tabs, out of the blue. No changes made n my end including config, options, add-ons, etc.
Try to create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Basic Troubleshooting: Make a new profile":
If that new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.