tring to update to 10.0.2 when click update it says i need to close firefox & it is closed
try to run update & it says i need to close firefox & to best of my knowledge it is,so i cant get updated to 10.0.2!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
trying to udate
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Yahoo Application State Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.5.13 GTB7.1 FBSMTWB
can you try the alternate and easiest way by downloading from here
simply download and run
thats what i did & it downloaded to my computer but when i try to run it it replies that firefox needs to be closed & i dont have it open>or at least i dont think i do unless it is running in background?so i cant get it to install 10.0.2. i dont know how you get it closed if it is in background ? wish i could talk to someone @ firefox!? thanks!
If Firefox is running in the background, you can "kill" it in either of two ways:
(1) Restart Windows
(2) Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the task manager) -- on the Processes tab, look for firefox.exe and plugin-container.exe and use the End Process button to terminate them (after allowing them a little time to close themselves; 30 seconds usually is enough)
Why not just download the Firefox installer and install it yourself if you cannot get the update to work? You can get it here: