when i try to open a new tab, why do i keep getting this message: Firefox can't find the server at home.brandthunder.com
This morning, when I clicked on a new tab, I got the message at the bottom. I never received this message before, but now it keeps coming up. I can type a URL and it goes to the site without any problems. What happened? What can I do to stop this message from appearing?
Firefox can't find the server at home.brandthunder.com.
Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.