This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
My searches open blank pages and Google is not accessible
Since the last upgrades, I am not able to open Google search engine re-directions. When I click any link in a search engine results' page, the browse is loading long time and finish with a 404 error. That happens with all the search engines, but more often with Google. This is not a connection problem, as if I write the direct address of the site, the page opens immediately; but if I write the Google re-direction web address, I get the 404 error.
All Replies (2)
I'd try starting Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode. If you don't have the issue while all of your add-ons, extensions, and themes are disabled, you can try adding them back in one by one until you find the culprit. You should look at the Extensions and Themes troubleshooting guide and the Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems article as well.
You might also want to look at Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware.
Hopefully this helps!
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked