This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How can I change the firefox text find color?
When you press CTRL+F in Firefox to bring up the text search and you search for a word, the word is highlighted in this neon green color. Is there a way to change the color of this? The green color is hardly visible.
As I mentioned in my first post, you can right click and choose New > String to create the entry.Read this answer in context 👍 1
All Replies (6)
You should take a look at:
Just type about:config into your browser
ui.textSelectBackgroundAttention is the entry you want to modify. Just add the hex value of the color you want.
If that entry isn't there, you can create it.
Hopefully this helps!
Modified by Matt_G
Thank you for you reply Matt. They must have changed or removed this entry as it's not there at all. I'm using the latest version of Firefox (v10).
As I mentioned in my first post, you can right click and choose New > String to create the entry.
Modified by Matt_G
Oh yes! I didn't realise I could create the string entry, IT WORKS, thank you very much!
also trying to change highlight color in FIND. I don't know how to type about:config into my browser (Firefox v 12), and don't know where to right-click and type New > String. I have right-clicked all over the FIND bar without result. Thanks in advance.
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access the about:config page.
- Use the Filter bar at the top of the about:config page to locate a preference more easily.
- Preferences that have been modified show as bold (user set)
- Preferences can be reset to the default via the right-click context menu if they are user set
- Preferences can be changed via the right-click context menu: Modify (String or Integer) or Toggle (Boolean) or by double-clicking the line with the pref
- Preferences can be created via the right-click context menu: String, Integer, Boolean