how to get rid of welcome to firefox page upon opening
downloaded the latest version of firefox have my home page set up when i open firefox two pages open the welcome to firefox page as well as my home page, how do I delete the welcome from coiming up
Additional System Details
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Picasa plugin
- Bing Bar
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
If that doesn't work:
- Type about:config in the address bar
- Click I'll be careful, I promise if prompted
- In the Filter input field type startup
- Double click on startup.homepage_override_url
- Delete the text string and click OK
- Close Firefox and reopen the window to verify that it has worked.
Hopefully this helps!