My firefox keeps crashing. it says Microsoft Silverlight crashes. also another window pops up before that but i forget what it says. i have gone to firefox update checker and have done the necessary updates it suggested. yet silverlight keeps crashing. it seems to crash the most when i have hotmail.com open,and when i'm composing a message. all this started happening when i disabled IE. So I re-enabled IE to see if it would help but it didn't. please let me know how i can fix this; it is very frustrating.
My problem is with attachments to hotmail emails. Silverlight crashes on about 20% of attachments. If I change one character of the filename and try the attachment again it might work - though I've needed two changes on one occasion. This occurred on previous version of Firefox and now that I have upgraded to Firefox 9. Been going on for several weeks now.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1993
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Nitro PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110920 Firefox/3.6.23 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Can you check this issue on Firefox 9?
what do you mean?
okay i downloaded firefox 9, I used to have Firefox 3.6 It still crashes. Firefox 9 crashed right after I installed it and opened it for the first time. It didn't even wait for me to get to my email (where it normally crashes.) It has this loading thing too, it never stops loading pages. flickering
I just fixed my crash issue by dumping silverlight off of my computer. Ran several test emails with huge attachments...they fly like an eagle! Can't really see a downside to not having silverlight! C Ya!
really?! how'd you dump it?
I just went into add & remove programs on my comp & removed the microsoft silverlight program. Prev I had changed the settings to allow it to operate, but now its gone! Dont forget firefox shuts down a lot of microsoft stuff from operating, thats why we had a problem, until we removed it. Much shalom. Merv
My problem is with attachments to hotmail emails. Silverlight crashes on about 20% of attachments. If I change one character of the filename and try the attachment again it might work - though I've needed two changes on one occasion. This occurred on previous version of Firefox and now that I have upgraded to Firefox 9. Been going on for several weeks now.
Peter. Yeah that's where mine happens also. it hasn't occured as often now for some reason but it's annoying isn't it