how do I get rid of amazon as my home page
I cannot get rid of amazon as a invasive home page. Would like google. Also cannot access my gmail acct as a AD for the "new look" blocks me.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110902 Firefox/3.6.22
If you want a Google home page with with Google applications that you have been to across the top and whether you are signed into Google or not such as for email, you probably want http://www.google.com as your home page.
To change home page see https://support.mozilla.com/questions/903221
For the ad blocking your use of GMail, try installing "Adbock Plus" and you will need some filters for ADP to do its work, "EasyList" is the most comprehensive filter after that you can install some more specialized fitlers.
If you already have "Adblock Plus" then it is probably just be a matter of updating your filters.
- click on the ADP icon > Preferences > Filters (menu) > update all subscriptions