Why is my Firefox running in "stealth mode"?
Many times when I close out of a web page and I go to restart I get a Message telling me "Firefox is already running and I must close it out before I can start another web page, but I have already closed it out and there is no Firefox web page there to close out as I have already closed it out. Sorry for all the "closing outs" but that's the only way I could figure to explain it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Additional System Details
A few times a week
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
You can also check out these:
"Hang at exit": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs
"Firefox hangs when you quit it": https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Firefox+hangs