Updated to Ver.8.0.1 Firefox recognizes it as such under the About menu but when I try to install a AddOn, (Which supports Ver. 8.0.1), the AddOn recognizes the Ver. as 3.5.7
Updated Firefox to Ver.8.0.1 ,Firefox recognizes it as such under the Help/About menu. When I tried to install a AddOn, (Which supports Ver. 8.0.1), the AddOn recognizes the Firefox Ver. as 3.5.7 Furthermore I just noticed on this page down below where it says you have made an educated guess about my browser and O/S. This page also recognizes the Firefox Ver. as 3.5.7 So I go to the help/About menu and it says I'm running Ver.8.0.1 Am I missing something?
Any useragent Preferences that are bold and user set, just right-click each and select Reset. Then go to "File->Exit" and start Firefox again.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- DivX Plus Web Player version 22.214.171.1249
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Unity Player 2.6.0f7
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7
You may need to reset user agent as outlined below
Hello and Thank You for the reply. I did part of your solution but decided to ask you before I continued. I only had 2 of 5 user agents you spoke of. Not sure if this is part of the problem. I've listed them down below.
Preference Name/ Status/ Type / Value
-general.useragent.compatMode.firefox/ Default/ boolean/ false -general.useragent.extra.microsoftdotnet/ userset/ string/ (.NET - CLR 3.5.30729) -general.useragent.extra.searchtoolbar/ userset/ string/ Search- Toolbar/1.2 -general.useragent.locale/ default/ string/ en-US
-general.useragent.override/ userset/ string/ Mozilla/5.0-
(Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206)Gecko/20091221Firefox/3.5.7
Any useragent Preferences that are bold and user set, just right-click each and select Reset. Then go to "File->Exit" and start Firefox again.