Can't choose destination for downloads in firefox preferences; nothing downloads.
iMac OSX 10.6.8 Whenever I try to download an app, although a window appears to save 'binary file' nothing downloads. The Firefox preferences doesn't give the option of choosing a location to save downloaded files, even when clicking 'browse.'
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
since I bought computer
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- LogMeIn remote control components
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Juniper Networks Safari Extensions
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2
upgrade your browser to Firefox 8 and check
Modified by Swarnava Sengupta
Upgrade to firefox 8 seems to have fixed the download problem thanks