how to change firefox default search to google.
how to change firefox default search to google. In previous version of firefox, user was required to enter the site name in address bar; e.g. "twitter" and on hitting enter the browser directly opens the website. Whereas in current version on doing the same task it opens the yahoo search page with twitter as search query. Is there any way the previous version feature can be enabled in this current version. Also, can we change the search engine from yahoo to google in case the browser is unable to redirect to a perticular site.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Version 220.127.116.1133
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.13
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
Go here, as shown in the image, and set up the search options
Hey Mate, This is not what i have asked for. Anyways thanks for your time. Cheers.