Can't Remove Extension: Datamngr 1.0
In browsing through my extensions, I found Datamngr 1.0, which was obsolete after FF4. Though disabled, there is no "Remove" option. I searched for solutions and apparently it was associated with Searchqu, which was accidentally installed (and immediately uninstalled) several months ago. Unlike others on the forum, I have had no problems with Searchqu popping up unexpectedly. I would, however, like to remove Datamngr 1.0 to reduce the number of extensions that load with Firefox. While I have found many suggestions for removing Searchqu, I have found no effective way to remove Datamngr. Suggestions directly related to Datamngr removal would be greatly appreciated.
FYI: I am running FF8 on Win7 Home Premium (x64) environment.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2063
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 1.1.11, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Panda ActiveScan 2.0 Plugin for Firefox
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- PDF-XChange Viewer Netscape Gecko Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
how did you get rid of searchqu
Sorry, I just don't remember. My guess is since it was not terribly memorable it was probably pretty straightforward. The most extreme thing I might have done is delete some registry entries, though I frankly don't remember doing anything out of the ordinary. If I hadn't found datamngr among my extensions and found from web searching that it was related to searchqu, I never would have made the connection.
Is datamnger that hard to kill? Maybe a better question, since several of my other extensions do not have uninstall buttons (Java Quickstarter; HP Smartweb Printing; Java Console 6.X) is how are extensions able to install in Firefox with no uninstall feature, and is there a generic solution that will work with all such "uninstallable" extensions?