How do I set/change what happens when I open a new tab?
I recently installed a new program which also reset my Firefox home page. I set the home page back to what I wanted, but now when I open a new tab it displays a Bing search where before a new tab was totally blank. How do I set the default for when I open a new tab? I would like it to be the same as my home page.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Winamp Application Detector
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
Does the issue still occur if you start Firefox in Safe Mode? http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode
If it doesn't there is an extension installed that is causing that to happen
Don't know how to start in safe mode. Instructions? Is there SUPPOSED to be a way I can set new tabs to open to my home page? Assume that your suspicion is correct. . .how do I find, and then turn off, the offending program?
OK, followed your instructions to start in safe mode. New tabs are now blank. I think I can find the add-on manager. Still wondering: is there supposed to be a way to set new tabs to go to home page? If not, then I'm done with this question.
OK - then you have an extension installed that was doing it (Firefox doesn't offer this feature by default). There are extensions available if that is something you want, but for now track down the extension that was installed and you can disable it.