Firefox crashes when trying to attach a file to an e-mail.
Foxfire crashes when attaching a file to an e-mail
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
- Start firefox in Safe Mode. The blue link will describe how to start Firefox in Safe Mode.
- Type about:crashes in the location bar and press enter
- Give us the most recent crash id.
That way, we can evaluate the cause of the crash, and tell you the solution! :)
Do you have Trusteer Rapport installed in Firefox?
It looks like that crash is related to that add-on.
Trusteer Rapport is installed on my computer, it has never caused a problem before. Should it be removed?
Modified by mike_berry413
I had the same problem with Trusteer Rapport. A few days ago it did an update. It made Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome all crash. As soon as I would do "save as" .. or try to download a file or save a page .. CRASH! It was a real nuisance. You can disable it and you will find out. I emailed Trusteer Rapport to tell them about it. Here is what they said ... We would like to recommend you to download Rapport's updated version, as we suspect the problems you were experiencing have already been resolved.You can download the latest version here: http://download.trusteer.com/Gcur4Wtnu/RapportSetup.exe
eshbach, Did you try updating the Trusteer Rapport software and did it fix the problem with Firefox crashing when downloading a file or saving a page?
mike_berry413, If you don't need the Trusteer Rapport software, you can remove it. If you need the software, you can try updating it or else temporarily disable it to see if that stops the crashes. For the record, here is the crash report from the ReportID you posted:
Firefox 7.0.1 Crash Report [@ rapporttanzan7.dll@0x620c ] ID: fcd33048-3845-45f3-907c-9c5c62110930 Signature: rapporttanzan7.dll@0x620c
Modified by AliceWyman