How to change display settings for my gmail? Now too small.
Using IE8 for access to my Gmail, it displays in a larger, more readable way than when I access thru Firefox, where it is much smaller. How do I change the way this and other websites display
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.9
- Version 126.96.36.199
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
You may want to try Firefox's zoom feature. How do I use Zoom? | How to | Firefox Help
When you use the mouse wheel, you can adjust in smaller steps than if you use the Ctrl++/Ctrl+- method.
Does it help?
Yes. That was helpful. It lead me to install NoSquint.
I do not have a mouse (just touch pad). Don't understand "Ctrl++". What do you mean and exactly how do I do that?
To zoom the page larger, you normally hold the Ctrl key and tap the + key on the numeric keypad.
If you have a laptop, there isn't a real numeric keypad, but you should find a set of extra numbers printed over the middle of your keyboard. This is the embedded number pad, and you should find both a + and a - key.
To use these keys, you usually have to hold the Fn key (or similar), so it is Ctrl+Fn++ to zoom larger, and Ctrl+Fn+- to zoom smaller.
Hope that helps clear it up.
Edit: Actually, the hyphen/underline key and the +/= key might also work, with no Fn key needed.
Modified by jscher2000
Now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up.