since update unable to change back to my homepage
Since Firefox updated I cannot get it to open with my original homepage. Tried to change it through the tools and it shows my homepage but it always opens to the mozilla page.
Go to the site you want as a homepage, then try highlighting the url of the page and drag it to the home button on your toolbar. It should set as your homepage. If that doesn't work go to the main options window of firefox and make sure that "Show my Homepage" is selected in the dropdown menu. See the attached screenshots for more detail.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.119
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
Go to the site you want as a homepage, then try highlighting the url of the page and drag it to the home button on your toolbar. It should set as your homepage. If that doesn't work go to the main options window of firefox and make sure that "Show my Homepage" is selected in the dropdown menu. See the attached screenshots for more detail.
This worked yesterday but back to the same problem today. It shows my original homepage in the options but always opens the mozilla page showing I am running the most current version! This is getting frustrating as this always happens whenever FireFox updates.
Your Firefox user profile might be corrupted. Follow the instructions in this article to create a test profile and see if that works: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing-profiles
For more information on what profiles are, check out this article: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles
Well, now it opens two windows-one for the firefox welcome page and one for my homepage! If I use my new profile I lose my bookmarks imported from IE.
You can transfer bookmarks, settings, addons, etc. from your old profile to your new one. Refer to this article: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Recovering%20important%20data%20from%20an%20old%20profile So are you saying that even with repeating the solution I first mentioned, the problem still persists? Can you provide a screenshot of your browser? Thanks
I am sick of going through these problems every time Firefox updates so will probably go back to IE. Had the same problem with my husbands computer and he went back to IE some time ago. After several years of fighting with these updates I am fed up.
I'm sorry to hear that. Have you ever tried just reinstalling firefox? It will keep your settings etc and usually solves users' problems. Here's the link: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/download.html?product=firefox-6.0.2&os=win&lang=en-US