Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Every time I open firefox I now get two windows, one is the firefox welcome page which I do not want. Any ideas why this happens?

realradarman

I downloaded and installed firefox 6.0 and now every time I open firefox 6.0 I get two windows, one my normal homepage and the other is the firefox welcome window which I do not want to see.

I downloaded and installed firefox 6.0 and now every time I open firefox 6.0 I get two windows, one my normal homepage and the other is the firefox welcome window which I do not want to see.

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

I opened up my user.js file and found two override lines after the homepage line, I deleted them and now only have my homepage upon startup. Thanks cor-el.