Secure your Firefox Account with two-step authentication
Two-step authentication adds extra security by making it harder for someone else to log into your account, especially if they steal your password.
When you enable two-step authentication, when someone attempts to log into your account with your password, Firefox will also ask for a verification code from an app that’s on your phone for proof that it’s really you.
How do I enable two-step authentication?
Before you get started, download one of the following authentication apps:
Then follow these steps to set up two-step authentication in Firefox:
- Click the menu button and choose . .
- In the Firefox Account panel, click Manage account.
- Expand the Two-step authentication section.
- This feature currently might not appear for all users. If it isn’t visible, add &showTwoStepAuthentication=true to the URL and refresh the page.
- Open the authentication app of your choice on your phone.
- Use the app to take a photo of the QR code and enter the provided code into the Firefox Accounts Two-step authentication section.
- If you are unable to scan the QR code, click `Can’t Scan Code` to manually see the code.
- Download and print the recovery codes and keep them somewhere convenient in case you lose your phone. Setup is complete!