How do I save a picture attachment as a jpeg? It only says Firefox document.
I requested an answer to downloading photos as jpeg files rather that a Firefox document. I don't get the option to save a picture as a jpeg. Why doesn't someone give me an answer???? I'm very frustrated. When I submit my question on the Firefox makes me sad window nothing happens. With Int. Exp. I just click on the download and save it in a folder as a jpeg. I only get the Firefox document option and the pictures saves as a bunch of letters and numbers rather than a photo.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
jscher2000: Try here: Tools > Options > Applications Enter JPEG into the search box and change any that say "Save file" to "Always ask". Does it work? - - - - Edit: Forgot one other ... Read more...
You can rename such images (use quotes: "image.jpg") and give them a .jpg file extension to make Windows recognize them as images.
See if you can add the .jpg file extension if you do not see that choice in the download save window.
You can also try "Reset Download Actions":
Modified by cor-el
This did not help me at all with my problem. I just want to know how to save a picture as a jpeg and not a Firefox document when I'm using Mozilla as my browser. Why is it so hard to get a simple answer?