How can I keep the cookie history for one website while not allowing it for others?
My privacy setting is set to clear history, cookies, etc whenever I close out of Firefox. As a result, one website I use frequently re-asks security questions after I log-in even though I tell it that it should remember and recognize my private computer. According to the web tech support, it is because my cookies are being deleted. She said in Windows Vista, she found a way around that. I have Windows 7, but have not figured it out yet.
I would like to be able to specify which websites I want to be able to keep cookies for my computer. How do I do that?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1682
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Bing Bar
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Let all cookies expire when you close Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Keep until": "I close Firefox"
Make an Allow exception for the ones that you want to keep.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Exceptions"
You can inspect and modify the permissions for the domain in the current tab in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions"
Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"