When starting to upgrade to FF 6 it said it would disable my ESET security. I stopped the upgrade. Will this be fixed?
When starting to upgrade to FF 6 it said that it is not compatible with ESET Smart Security and would disable it. Will this be resolved? I do not want anything to disable my security. I will not upgrade until this is resolved!!!!!!!
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
I started the upgrade to FF 6
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
I immediately stopped the upgrade.
Updating Firefox will disable the Firefox add-on that ESET uses to modify some browser features, but it will not disable your ESET Smart Security program. ESET will still run on its own, outside of Firefox, and Firefox will still use it to scan files for viruses.
The add-on will be re-enabled as soon as ESET provides an update to mark it compatible with Firefox 6. You can contact ESET support to ask when they plan to have an update available.
If you want to update Firefox now without disabling the ESET browser add-on, then you can enable it with the Add-on Compatibility Reporter. For details, see: Re-enable add-ons that were disabled when updating Firefox