What happened to the Save Frame As... on the File menu? It was there in FF 3.6; it's absent now.
My data source is a daily table on a Web page. In FF 3.16 I click in the table and select File>Save Frame As.... In the Save As dialog box, I key a file name ending in ".txt". The data is saved in a tab-separated text file that I open in Excel.
In FF 5.0.1 File>Save Page As… results in Excel opening a blank sheet.
Right-click the frame with that file to get "This Frame" > "Save Frame as"Read this answer in context 3
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Firefox 4.01 was released.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
Right-click the frame with that file to get "This Frame" > "Save Frame as"