firefox 5 is not recognized by websites
Since upgrading to 5.0, many websites tell me my browser is not up to date (for example, if I try to sign up for Google +, it says my browser needs to be upgraded...same with some pages on FaceBook). This is keeping me from using some websites and quite annoying.
Not sure if it's related, but ever since I did upgrade, if I click on options on one of my add-ons, nothing happens except it renders the browser frozen and I can't click on anything without having to force close it and restart the browser.
Please click the Solved It button next to the answer that answered or solved your Firefox support issue, it appears when you are logged in, so this thread gets marked as Solved to help other users who may have this same problem.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
after the 5.0 upgrade
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 FBSMTWB
Tried downloading and reinstalling 5.0.
I looked at my user agent and it says Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 FBSMTWB
That seems wrong to me...shouldn't it say Firefox/5.0? I installed the user agent switcher add-on, but get the browser freeze when I try clicking on options (happens to all add-on options, by the way).
In case you did not get why Ed gave you that link, you appear to be posting with a Firefox 3.5.5 useragent . It was not until Firefox 4.0 and newer that Mozilla made it so extensions could not tack stuff on end and potentially make the UA get stuck at the version one had when a the extension that affected it was installed.
Your useragent. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 FBSMTWB
Thanks...it's finally playing nice!
Please click the Solved It button next to the answer that answered or solved your Firefox support issue, it appears when you are logged in, so this thread gets marked as Solved to help other users who may have this same problem.
And of course you get the solution and not me.