talktalk: "You have undefined new mails in your inbox" can open mail thri internet explorer site
In Firefox Talktalk mail shows "You have undefined new mails in your inbox" and I can't access my in box - OK if i'm in Internet Explorer.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Saturday 25th June
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Package Installer & Install Conduit
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
None. Can open mail with Internet Explorer but I much prefer to use Firefox site
Apparently TalkTalk mail will work with Firefox 4 and Firefox 5 if you set the browser to lie to TalkTalk mail by saying that you are still using version 3.6.
You can find the instructions for that in a post on the TalkTalk forums: Firefox 4 & TalkTalk webmail - Forums.
Note: when you open about:config the first time, it will display a warning message that you should be careful with the changes you make. That's definitely good to bear in mind.
Does it work?