how can I permanently remove the Add-on tool bar
the add-on tool bar is slowing down my system, how can I remove it permanently
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
some weeks ago
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Do you mean Firefox's thin Add-on Bar at the bottom, or a particular toolbar added by an Add-on at the top?
I don't think you can completely banish Firefox's Add-on Bar, but you can hide it from view. Just use the little x to close it.
For toolbars added by add-ons, usually you can disable or remove them here:
orange Firefox button or Tools menu > Add-ons
On the left side, click Extensions.
Hi, and thanks for that. The problem relates to the thin bar at the base of the page. I assume it is being opened/placed there by McAffee as that is the ony thing on there. As I use multiple windows as tabs or new windows and each window has this bar at the bottom and I am forever closing it. Annoying. Iwill try the disable facility. Many thanks again.
You might be able to drag the McAfee icon to the main Navigation Toolbar if you need to use it regularly. Right-click the Add-on Bar and choose Customize to give it a try.
Well I delisted the McAfee add-on in the Tools Menu > add-ons as sugested and the offending add-on bar at the bottom of my pages have disappeared. I am presuming the standard McAfee app is still working as usual although it is not on view any more. I have never used the McAfee icon in this toolbar. I have a feeling it may be linked in some way to their search engine but I really do not want to explore that scenario. I also read on the Firefox update post that a McAfee app had been removed because it was causing conflicts with Firefox - I wonder if this may be linked in some way. Generally, if I include an 'add-on' to my system, will I expect to have this bar as part of each add-on because surely there must be a way of removing the bar but not having to delist the add-on. Thanks again for your help. A little later - I need to edit/update this thread because I delisted McAfee in Tools Add-on Plug-In not Extensions so I have amended that and gone to Tools Add-on > Extensions to find the McAfee ext' has already been delisted due to Security or Stability issues. I am sure this has nothing to do with my problem but lets hope so! Sorry for the mis-information and the long-winded post. Ooops! I will let you know if the 'bar comes back. Thanks again
Modified by JohnL