It keeps telling me to upgrade my flash player and i have done this numerous times and it doesn't recognize it
While on facebook and trying to play games it keeps telling me to upgrade my flash player. I have done this and don't have trouble playing if I connect through aol or internet explorer. It only happens with mozilla which is usually how i connect.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
i have tried uninstalling mozilla and reinstalling it. i have also restarted my computer multiple times and nothing works
There are 2 versions of Adobe Flash:
- ActiveX version for IE only
- Plugin version for most other browsers (you may not have this installed)
- You can download the 2 versions from the Download Manual installers link below or going to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ with IE then with one of your other browsers
When installing/updating Flash on a Windows system, you should always install/update both if you have both IE and another browser installed on your system. Download and SAVE the installer(s) to your hard drive (Desktop is a good place so that you can find it later), close your browser(s), run the installer(s) you just downloaded.
- Install or Update the Flash plugin to the latest version.
- Download and SAVE to your Desktop so you can find the installer later
- If you do not have the current version, click on the "Player Download Center" link on the "Download and information" or "Download Manual installers" below
- After download is complete, exit Firefox
- Click on the installer you just downloaded and install
- Windows 7 and Vista: may need to right-click the installer and choose "Run as Administrator"
- Start Firefox and check your version again or test the installation by going back to the download link below
- Download and information: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
- Use Firefox to go to the above site to update the Firefox plugin (will also install plugin for most other browsers; except IE)
- Use IE to go to the above site to update the IE ActiveX
- Download Manual installers.
- Note separate links for:
- Plugin for Firefox and most other browsers
- ActiveX for IE
Modified by Helper7677