This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How can I set Firefox 4 to warn me when it goes from a secure page to a non-secure page??? Easy in 3.xx.xx (Security->Security warnings), but how to do it in Ver 4?
In Firefox version 3.xx.xx I could set the browser to warn me when going into and out of a secure page by going to Tools->Options->Security->Warning Messages. In version 4, there is no "Warning messages" settings feature.
All Replies (1)
The only way I know to do this in Firefox 4 is to change hidden preferences.
- Type about:config into the location bar and press enter
- Accept the warning message that appears, you will be taken to a list of preferences
- In the filter box type security.warn this will show a few preferences, you can double-click on them to change their values, the settings are:
- security.warn_viewing_mixed -I'm about to view an encrypted page that contains some unencrypted information
- security.warn_submit_insecure - I submit information that's not encrypted
- security.warn_leaving_secure - I leave an encrypted page for one that isn't encrypted
- security.warn_entering_weak - I am about to view a page that uses low-grade encryption
- security.warn_entering_secure - I am about to view an encrypted page
Modified by TonyE