How do I remove Bearshare Search engine PERMANENTLY?
EVERY time I open Mozilla Firefox to go online it opens to Bearshare, and I try to CHANGE it EVERY time! I will change the settings for the homepage and save, but once I turn it off, I am right back at the BEARSHARE SEARCH I HATE!!!! I want it removed PERMANENTLY from our computer but cannot get it out!!!! PLEASE HELP, I HATE BEARSHARE!
Additional System Details
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17
- Right click a blank part of the Windows Taskbar and then click Task Manager.
- Open the Processes tab and find Bearshare.exe in the list.
- Right click it and then click Kill Process.
- Next, in Firefox go to Tools | Add-ons | Extensions and remove BearShare MEDIABAR. You might also see it listed as "BMB".
If you don't see it in there, go to Add/Remove Programs and you should be able to remove it from there.
Finally, reboot. This is very important in order to remove the Windows Registry entries, so don't skip this step.
Modified by Xircal
1. Open my computer
2. Go in your main hdd (usually c:)
3. Open Program Files (on my windows 7 hp its in "program files (x86)"
4. Find "BearShare Applications" and open
5. Next open mediabar folder and find the uninstall file.
6. Uninstall and your all done just dont forget to change home page and restart firefox or iinternet explorer.
This is what solved my problem. If you could not find it in add\remove programs its because you already uninstalled "bearshare" but not that annoying mediabar page search thing which came with bearshare but uninstalls seperately. Hope this helps and or solves your problem! :)
Modified by FastFiddyKid