Warning: Unresponsive script Script resource://gre/modules/xpcomutils.jsm:198
When starting up Firefox get my users get Warning unresponsive script A script on this page may be busy or or it may have stopped responding this is on the en-US/firefox/4.01/whatsnew
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.7
- Version 126.96.36.199
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Google Update
- Unity Player 3.2.0f4
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
What does this script do? is it associated with an add-on?
Do not know looked like it was part of Firefox but does not matter was 2 months ago and not getting it when I upgraded school to 5.0
Why is there nobody who gives a normal answer to this kind of often asked questions? How does one stop this kind of popups?
Such errors with internal Firefox files as the cause are usually caused by extensions that are misbehaving or (incompatible) extensions that are forced to load.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.