delete web sites from drop down menu
I want to delete a web site from the drop down menu to the right of the 'bookmark' star tab.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- Version 1.1.5, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Are you talking about bookmarks in the Bookmarks Menu button drop down list or entries in the location bar drop down list?
Yes, and as sometimes happens in posting the question and trying to explain it, one comes upon a possibility to the answer on their own. Which is what happened. I realized in explaining where the drop down was, it had something to do with bookmarks. I did try to find the offending website in bookmarks but could not locate it. Admittedly I am frustrated with all the 'upgrades' in many different websites, and programs of late, and need to settle down to calmer thinking. At 83 I have gone through so many transitions since I had my first computer in the 80's that I find it more and more difficult to keep up. Yet, I try, and thanks be to all of you who have the patience to help out, I send my heartfelt thanks!
Entries in the location bar drop down list with a yellow (blue on Mac) star at the right end are bookmarks.
You can remove such a bookmarked item that shows in the list if you open that url in a tab and click the yellow star in the location bar.
This will open the "Edit This Bookmark" dialog and you can click the Remove button to remove the bookmark if you want to remove such a bookmarked entry.
Thank you for your help. Most old bookmarks are now deleted, but some are resistant with this method. What should I do ? Mary
Do those bookmarks stay or return if you click Remove in the Edit This Bookmark pop-up dialog?
If that is the case then try there may be a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.
how do you remove the blue star, but keep the bookmark? i have plenty of bookmarks that do not have the blue star, but lately i can't get that star to disappear