Why are my webpages transferring data from www.chaosserver.com?
In the bottom left hand corner of the web page, instead of showing'transferring data from www.eclswansea.com, it now shows 'transferring data from www.chaosserver.com. Why is this? When loading the same pages in Internet Explorer I only see 'transferring data from www.eclswansea.com
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1240
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Chaosserver.com is not a malware domain if that's what you're worried about.
It's possible that eclswansea has some sort of agreement with them to handle certain data when you visit their site.
If you're concerned about malware, download the free version of Malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free and then run a full system scan.
Incidentally, the version of Java you have installed is a security risk. Update via http://www.java.com/en/
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I am the administrator of eclswansea, and have no agreement with chaosserver.com. I have contacted my host server who also have no agreement with chaos server. Could this be a hack?
Thank you. Yes, apaarently the clock on the website originates from part of chaossoftware. Thanl you for your help
I have the same problem (long response times pof Firefox because it is always communicating with chaosserver.com). What bells am I missing?