file attachment in yahoo mail does not appeare in Firefox 4, but IE & other web browsers show correctly.
Before I install Firefox 4, I have been use Firefox 3.6 and when I was checking my yahoo mail, there was not any problem to view or download file attachment. After installing Firefox 4, when I receive a new mail with file attachment, like as video, or document, I can not see the attachment to download it. but with other web browsers like IE, I can see the attachment of the email.
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.5
- Version 18.104.22.168
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
People using a Trend Micro virus scanner should disable some webmail function. You can find the solution here
I do not use Trend Micro, but have the same issues. I just found my "AdBlock Plus" add-on was stopping the attachment download. What you should do to see if this is your problem too: disable AdBlock Plus, restart firefox and see if your problem is solved. Now enable AdBlock Plus again and restart Firefox.
To fix this problem: In Firefox, click on Add-ons, go to AdBlock Plus, go to Options, click on Filters--> reset statistics. Go to your attachment, click on the attachment (it will fail to download of course). Go back to AdBlock Plus and sort the statistics for "Hits". Now you can see which filter is blocking your attachment download. Disable this filter and you problem is solved!
Modified by freddymarcali
Yes! This recently started happening to me. Not sure why AdBlock started acting up now, but your solution fixed it. Kudos!
You guys are not going to believe this I figured out the problem it's really dumb...ok here goes the attachment uploader loads seperate so I got to thinking it's a popup so I went to options content and under block pop ups there is an option exceptions click on that and in the box type firefox.com and hit allow pow its fixed!!!!! :-)
You don't have to disable any addons or extentions!!!You guys are not going to believe this I figured out the problem it's really dumb...ok here goes the attachment uploader loads seperate so I got to thinking it's a popup so I went to options content and under block pop ups there is an option exceptions click on that and in the box type firefox.com and hit allow pow its fixed!!!!! :-)