Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

How do I download Firefox 4 to my iMax OS X 10.3.9?

julieph

When I click on Download Firefox 4, nothing happens. What is the basic operating system needed to handle this download? I have an iMac OS X 10.3.9. Is this OS too old to handle this download?

When I click on Download Firefox 4, nothing happens. What is the basic operating system needed to handle this download? I have an iMac OS X 10.3.9. Is this OS too old to handle this download?

All Replies (4)

Firefox 2.0.0.20 is the last ever release for Mac OSX 10.3.9 and earlier versions.

The last version of Firefox to work on OS X 10.3.9 is Firefox 2.0.0.20

Firefox 3.* versions require at least OS X 10.4, and Firefox 4 requires at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel mac

I was afraid of that! Thanks for putting me out of my misery. Now, I'm going to have to buy a new computer before I can do my taxes!! Nothing like thinking ahead!

Seriously, thanks for your quick response.

You may be able to have a pretty current Linux distro on it as a alternative. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC#General-purpose