How to merge two bookmark lists on two different Firefox browsers?
I have two computers, one Windows XP, the other Windows 7, both use Firefox browsers. Before attempting to use the Sync feature, I want to collect and merge all unique bookmarks from both machines. Is there a way to do this?
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Winamp Application Detector
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Best Buy pc app Detector Plug-in
- Bing Bar
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
You can export the bookmarks on one computer to an HTML file and import that HTML file on the other computer. Create a JSON backup before doing that import, then you can restore the bookmarks afterward. You can remove the duplicates with the CheckPlaces extension. You can restore the bookmarks via Ctrl+Z (Organize > Undo) (you may need to press Ctrl+Z more than once) and if that doesn't work then use the JSON backup that you created.
Thanks very much, cor-el. I'll give this procedure a try. Lowell