Home page hijacked by jzip. How do I stop this?
I installed jzip last night and it hijacked my home page. I change my home page back to the default that I want and the next time I open Firefox the jzip home page is back. I uninstalled jzip but that did not correct the problem. I went into about:config and searches for jzip and change it there but that did not work. How do I correct this problem.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I installed jzip
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.522
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Look in your Program Files for this folder and delete it "Windows jZip Toolbar." This is after you uninstalled the device from control panel. Good luck!
Thanks, problem solved.
Even though I uninstalled JZip software and JZip toolbar, it still has my homepage hijacked. What do I do now?
You have to do the following:
- go to C:/Program Files (86) /Windows jZip Toolbar
- in the folder there is a uninstall file for the toolbar; execute it
- delete the folder
- open Firefox and type in the address bar "about:config"
- say you will be careful
- type “jzip” in the filter bar
- right click on and then reset all the values with "jzip" that are shown
- close Firefox and restart => no more jzip startup page
Modified by cor-el
Looks like going to the config screen worked - thanks so much!
I tryed this and it failed.
I've been working on this for over three hours.
Even reinstalled and then repeated.
Companies that put this trash on personal computers need to get sued.
It would be the same as sneaking into someone's home and changing things or stealing.
The only way to stop this is to start taking money from these people.
Thanks, this worked. Firefox now opens with Google as I want it to. But now when I open a new tap I just get a blank screen, and I would like to get another goole page. How can I achieve this?