Where is my Firefox button on my XP machine?
I installed FF4 this morning, but I don't see many of the newly described features, such as the Firefox button and the apps tab. Is it an OS limitation?
Think I found answer. http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/795204#answer-149957Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Image Control Plugin for viewing images on Ancestry.com. Version 22.214.171.124
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Think I found answer. http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/795204#answer-149957
That's it. Thanks! The text of your link is correct, but on my browser, when I click the link, it takes me to example.com or something. I'll repost. http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/795204#answer-149957
The Firefox Button is off by default on XP, and possibly on some Macs. If you turn off the file menu you will see it use
- press keyboard keys Alt then in turn press V, T, M
Your bookmarks toolbar may also be off by default, and the bookmarks library option is re-worded but available from the firefox button. The alt key; keyboard shortcut will temporarily display the menu toolbar even whilst the firefox button is displaying.
Another change is save tabs on exit request is probably off, but even if the option does not request you to choose the restore session option will display the tabs. (option to display request on closing may be changed from preferences by using about:config).
Modified by John99
I also installed FireFox 4 on Windows XP. Though I have a Firefox botton I don't have an app tab toolbar... just regular large tabs.... also do not have the new tab (plus sign) tab. Please help